Pizza Party Ideas
Any time can be pizza time with these super pizza party ideas. Take a look at our favorite suggestions for party invitations, decorations, crafts, activities, and lots more. Buon Apetito!
Pizza Party Ideas for Invitations
Great invitations can set the one for a fun party. Here are some ideas for making your own unique pizza themed invitations:
Slice of Pizza Invitations
-- Create a wedge shape invitation out of yellow paper or cardstock to look like a pizza slice. Color the top of the slice brown for crust. Along the crust, write "It's a Pizza Party!" Decorate (or have your guest of honor decorate) the pizza slice with toppings such as round construction paper circles for pepperoni, or other shapes that look like mushrooms or pepper slices. Then glue a smaller piece of paper that has your party information over the top.
Pizzeria Menu Invitations
-- Start with a piece of paper that has a fun pizza graphic or border. (There are some great scrapbooking papers available at most craft stores with themed borders.) Make your invitation look like a pizzeria menu by writing, "__________'s Pizzeria" at the top. Then follow with the party activities listed as menu items, making the last item something like "good times and fun!"
**General Invitation Tips**
-- If you choose to make your own invitations, don't forget to include the date, location, and time of your party. It is also helpful to put the host's name, RSVP by date, and either your phone number or email.
Here are some more invitation options, available for purchase, that go well with the pizza party theme:
Pizza Party Decorations
- Turn your home into a pizzeria with a red, white, and green theme. Balloons, streamers, and
tableware in these colors will give your home the look of an Italian restaurant.
- Make a sign for your door to welcome your guests that says, "_____________'s Pizza Parlor".
- Decorate with Italian flags
- Set your table with a red and white checkered tablecloth
- Use straw-covered chianti bottles as candle holders on the table
- Buy chef's hats
for your guests and personalize them by writing their name on the band with fabric paint. Set the hats on the table as place setters.
- Set the mood by playing Italian music such as Frank Sinatra or Lou Monte
Pizza Party Ideas for Crafts and Activities
Of course, the main event for a pizza making party is making pizzas. You can either start with a pre-made crust such as a Boboli or with an uncooked pizza dough, and then allow each child to add their own sauce, cheese, and toppings (all prepared and laid out beforehand). You might consider putting out a range of toppings, including unusual items like anchovies or pineapple, but be sure to let your guests know that whatever they choose should be something they like to eat!
Here are some ideas for other crafts and games to keep your guests busy while their dinner is cooking!
- Decorate Aprons -- As your guests arrive, have them personalize their own apron for the party. Depending on their age, you can do this with fabric pens or markers, or you can offer a selection of iron-ons if there is an adult to help with the hot iron. For the truly ambitious, put out some pizza shapes and buttons and let your guests use embroidery thread to decorate a keepsake apron.
- Color Your Own Placemat -- Make a placemat for each guest by downloading some pizza images onto white paper. Then glue these onto red or green construction paper bagkgrounds. Let your guests color or decorate their own placemat for the party.
- Play Dough Pizzas -- Put out some play clay (either homemade or store-bought) and let your little chefs practice kneading and tossing their pizza crusts. Put our some rolling pins and cookie cutter shapes, and clay in different colors for the toppings, and let them make their own clay pizza creations. **Kenner makes a "Play-Doh Pizza Parlor" that has some fun squeeze, cut and shape forms as well.
- Oh, Waiter! Relay Race -– (You will need one tray and one plastic glass). In this relay, the children have to balance a tray or cookie sheet with 1 full glass of water on it “waiter style”. Split the group into two teams and have them carry the tray back and forth. The team with the fullest glass at the end of the relay wins!
- Balloon in the Air Game -– Making a pizza requires good dough tossing skills. Have the children simulate this activity by trying to keep a balloon aloft. Have them stand in a circle and bat the balloon in the air. See how many times they can pass it before it hits the ground. For a bigger challenge, this game can be played with a beach ball.
- Story Time -- There are some fun books that lend themselves to reading during the lull time at a pizza making party. Here are a few:
Pizza Party Ideas for Dessert
No pizza making party be complete without a great dessert. If you choose to opt out of the traditional cake, here are some Italian favorites:
- Spumoni Ice cream
- Neopolitan Ice Cream
- Biscotti Cookies
- Italian Pastry such as canoli or boconnotti (cream puffs)
Pizza Party Ideas for Favors
Hope you found some useful pizza party ideas on this page.
If you enjoyed these pizza party ideas, you might also enjoy these parties:
Share Your Party With Us!
Have you hosted or attended a great party recently? We would love to hear about it! Tell us about your party and what made it special. We'll post it here to share with all our readers. Plus, your party will automatically be entered in our next party submission contest!
Return from Pizza Party Ideas to Home Page