A Pink Birthday Party
Do you feel pretty in pink? Celebrate with a pink birthday party! Here are our favorite ideas for invitations, decorations, activities, favors, and more.
Pink Party Invitations
Sending great invitations can make your guests feel special before the party even starts. You can either make your own party invitations or send pre-made cards. Here are some ideas for both options:
Fabulous Pink Party Invitations
**General Invitation Tips**
- Pretty Pink Paper -- Pick out some pink scrapbooking paper to make your invitations. Print your party information on white paper and glue it onto the pink background. Embellish with some pink stickers. You can usually find a great assortment of papers and decorations at your local craft store. For an extra touch, add some pink heart confetti to the envelope before sending.
- Pink Sunglasses -- Give your friends an invitation and a fun accessory all in one by sending them invitations attached to a pair of pink sunglasses. Write your party information on a decorative tag and tie it to the glasses with a pink ribbon. You should either hand deliver these or mail them in padded envelopes.
-- If you choose to make your own invitations, don't forget to include the date, location, and time of your event. It's also helpful to put the host's name, RSVP by date, and either your phone number or email.
How to Decorate for a Pink Birthday Party
When Decorating for a pink birthday party, the first rule is "THINK PINK!" Pink balloons, streamers and tableware can start you off with a great foundation for your decorations. After that, the choices are all up to you. Here are some ideas to help get you started:
Here are some fun pink birthday party supplies that can be great additions to your decorations:
- Make a Pink Candy Buffet -- Candy tables are currently very popular party decoration elements. Find a variety of glass bowls, vases and jars, and fill them with your favorite pink candies for an instant dash of festivity!
- Hang Some Pink Paper Flowers -- Hang some light and dark pink tissue paper flowers from fishing line at different heights around your party area. (** To learn how to make these at home, visit our Creative Party Buzz Blog for a tutorial.)
- Wrap Your Party Chairs -- Use pink tulle or pink satin chair sashes to make bows on the backs of your party chairs.
- Add Some Pink Flowers -- Nothing says pretty in pink better than flowers. Choose some of your favorites to make arrangements on your party table and serving areas.
Pink Birthday Party Activities
- Pass Around Some Pink! -- Ask your party guests to wear their prettiest pink costumes to your party. Then help them accessorize by passing out pink feather boas or cute pink wigs.
- Make a Candy Estimation Jar -- Fill a glass jar with candies (be sure to count them first!) and use this as both a decoration and an activity. Ask your guests to make their best guess as to how many candies are in the jar. Let the winner take it home as a prize!
- Pink Face Painting Station -- Set out some different shades of pink face paint (or different bright lipsticks) and mirrors and let your guests doll themselves up. (If your party is for a child, ask an adult or older sibling to help with this.)
- Break Open a Pink Pinata -- There are lots of different pinata options for a pink theme party, including poodles, flamingoes, cupcakes, and nail polish bottles. We like this pink heart pinata, available at Celebrate Express.
- Play Pink Twister -- Hasbro makes a special pink version of the classic game of Twister. This can be a fun pink party activity for any age group.
- Play Pin the Tail -- Make up your own pink version of pin the tail on the donkey. You could make a board with a piggy, or make it pin the cherry on the cupcake. For an older crowd, get a poster of your favorite movie star, put bright lipstick on all the guests, spin them around and see who can come the closest to pinning the kiss on the cutie pie!
Pink Birthday Party Foods
- Turkey sandwiches with pink cream cheese and cranberry jam
- Strawberries dipped in white chocolate with pink sprinkles
- Hostess marshmallow snowballs
- Pink frosted cake or cupcakes
- Cotton candy
- Pink lemonade or fruit punch (served with pink drink umbrellas, of course!)
Pink Birthday Party Favors
Here are a few ideas for fun pink birthday party favors for your guests.
Hope you found some helpful pink party ideas in this page.
Enjoy the party!
If you enjoyed these pink party ideas, you might also enjoy these parties:
Share Your Party With Us!
Have you hosted or attended a great party recently? We would love to hear about it! Tell us about your party and what made it special. We'll post it here to share with all our readers. Plus, your party will automatically be entered in our next party submission contest!
Return from Pink Birthday Party to Home Page